Transfer into Robert Cavelier University
The acceptance of transfer credits between institutions lies within the discretion of the receiving institution. Credits earned at other institutions may or may not be accepted by Robert Cavelier University. Likewise, credits earned at Robert Cavelier University may or may not be accepted by another institution depending upon its programs, policies, and regulations.
Transfer credits will be evaluated using the following guidelines:
- Only the following credentials will be considered for transfer credit at RCU:
- Credits earned at an institution that is accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or
- An accepted foreign equivalent that is listed in the International Handbook of Universities; or
- An award recognized as equivalent by a college or university listed in the International Handbook of Universities, such as:
- Total Quality UK (TQUK)
- CERTA AWARDS (UK)
- Professional bodies; Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (UK), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Chartered Managers Institute (UK)
- Any credits earned at a foreign institution must have a credential evaluation completed indicating equivalency with Robert Cavelier University courses.
- An official transcript of the student’s coursework must be furnished directly by the institution where the coursework was completed before any application for transfer credits can be evaluated.
- A copy of the catalog or course syllabi from the institution at which the coursework was completed, at the time that the coursework was completed, must be furnished before any application for transfer credits can be evaluated.
- A minimum grade of “B” or “3.0” must have been awarded for each course completed to be eligible for transfer. Only courses in which grades were assigned will be considered. Credits earned as a result of a “pass/fail” option are not eligible for transfer.
- Coursework completed more than three years ago is not eligible for transfer of credit.
- Transfer of credit must be completed prior to enrollment. Submitting an official transcript promptly is the sole responsibility of the student.
- The Chief Academic Officer or other designated faculty member shall make a final determination on the acceptability of transfer credits. The above guidelines shall be used in evaluating all applications for transfer of credit; however, the institution reserves the right to accept or reject any or all transfer credits at its discretion.
Up to 50% of the program can be completed via the transfer of credit. Therefore, the maximum number of credits that can be transferred into the Master of Business Administration is fifteen (15) credits or the equivalent of five (5) threesemester credit hour courses
Students wishing to receive credit for courses taken at other institutions will need to provide all required documents as part of the application process.
Transfer out of Robert Cavelier University
Transferability of credits earned at Robert Cavelier University is always up to the discretion of the receiving institution. Robert Cavelier University does not in any way imply or guarantee the transferability of credit into any other college or university.
Credit for Life Experience
Robert Cavelier University does not offer credit for life experience.